September:
  1. The Great Gatsby – F. Scott Fitzgerald. Page Count: 182. Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥ ♦
  2. The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe – C.S. Lewis. Page Count: 206. Rating: ♥♥♥♥
  3. Life of Pi – Yann Martel. Page Count: 354. Rating: ♥♥
  4. The Best Laid Plans – Terry Fallis. Page Count: 312. Rating: ♥♥
  5. Sarah’s Key – Tatiana De Rosnay. Page Count: 293. Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥
  • Total number of pages read: 1,347
  • Days in September: 30
  • Pages per day: 44.9 (approximately)
  • Goals for this month: Having never seriously tracking my reading, I walked into this not really know what to expect, I know that I read a lot, I just through the amount of pages I get through in a month was going to average out to about 25 pages a day. I was obviously very far off. Granted these were all relatively easy reads, I would like to challenge myself a little bit more with the difficulty of literature so the books I am reading match my reading level closer.

October:

1. A Secret Kept – Tatiana De Rosnay. Page Count: 303. Rating: ♥♥♥♥
  2. All The Light We Cannot See – Anthony Doerr. Page Count: 530. Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥ ♦
  3. We Were Liars – E. Lockhart. Page Count: 225. Rating: ♥♥♥♥ ♦
  4. The Light Between Oceans – M.L. Stedman. Page Count: 227 (Work in progress)
  • Total number of pages: 1,285
  • Days in October: 31
  • Pages per day: 41.5 pages (approximately)
  • Goals for this month: This month I wanted to stick close to the range that I had established last month (about 40-45 pages per day) while also increasing the difficulty of the books I was reading to match my reading level better. I think I did a good job staying within my amount of reading, however, this month didn’t have any super difficult reads. I did try to read books that got me thinking more, and really found inspiration in majority of the books I read this month. (My room is covered in quotes from them I want to try and build off of later.)

November: 

1. The Light Between Oceans – M.L. Stedman. Page Count: 116 (Finished). Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥ ♦
  2. What is Not Yours is Not Yours – Helen Oyeyemi. Page Count: 325 . Rating: ♥♥♥♥ ♦
  3. Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone – J.K. Rowling. Page Count: 332. Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥
  4. The Kite Runner – Khaled Hosseini. Page Count: 372. Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥
  5. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets – J.K. Rowling. Page Count: 108 (In progress)
  6. The Glass Castle – Jeannette Walls. Page Count: 151 (In progress).
  • Total number of pages: 1359
  • Days in November: 30
  • Pages per day: 45.3 pages (approximately)
  • Goals for this month: This month I want to stay in the range of 40-45 pages per day, even though I have come to realize that I read in chunks of many pages all at once, instead of progressively over the month. I find that reading this way helps me become fully emerged in the book instead of just getting into the story line and then having to put it down again because I have ran out of time. Over all, I want to try and read some more books that are at a slightly higher reading level, but looking over at my pile of books to read, I see a few books under where I would like to be (mostly the Harry Potter series that I want to read again). Since I am not going to skip them, it will instead be my goal to read more of them, bringing my reading ladder page per day count up closer to the 45 pages per day.

December:

1. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets – J.K. Rowling. Page Count: 252 (Finished) Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥
  2. The Glass Castle – Jeannette Walls. Page Count: 137 (Finished) Rating: ♥♥♥♥
  3. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban – J.K. Rowling. Page Count 462. Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥
  4. A Thousand Splendid Suns – Khaled Hosseini. Page Count 367. Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥
  5. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire – J.K. Rowling. Page Count 617. Rating ♥♥♥♥♥
  • Total number of pages: 1,835
  • Days in December: 31
  • Pages per day: 59.2 pages (approximately)
  • Goals for this month: I was reading a ton last month! And as much as I would love to say I will stay at 45 ish pages a day, that is a high goal that I don’t think I’m going to be able to accomplish with exams and family coming into town very soon for Christmas (Yay!) I’m currently re-reading the Harry Potter series, which is a great candy read and helpful for adding bulk to my page count, however it’s really not a difficult read. With that said I am also in the middle of reading two other books that are at my reading level if not past it so I feel like it balances out a little bit. If I am able to read over the break as much as I would like to I would hope to surpass 45 pages a day, otherwise anywhere within the 40-45 pages per day is where I’m aiming for this month.

Rating Breakdown:

♥ = It was good but not the best thing I have ever read (please don’t make me read it again)

♥♥ = Good, really enjoyed some parts of the novel (I’ll read it again if I have to)

♥♥♥ = Very good, I liked majority of the novel (I might read it again, but wouldn’t keep it unless needed)

♥♥♥♥ = Great, loved majority of the novel (I would read it again, and would keep it for my collection)

♥♥♥♥♥ = Amazing!! Loved the whole book (I would definitely read again, and I’m going to own a copy)

♦ = In my top 20 list of favourites for 2016